SPE is continuing to find ways to support its members and the industry through:
- Developed ANTEC® 2020: The Virtual Edition (known by some as V-ANTEC) to continue uninterrupted knowledge sharing during a time of restricted travel.
- Opened a completely online community, SPE in Action—The Battle Against COVID-19, for plastics professionals to remain connected with peers for personal and professional support.
- Offered 3-month extension of SPE membership terms for anyone suffering financial hardship because of the crisis.
- Invited all students to attend ANTEC® 2020: The Virtual Edition at no cost, to supplement their interrupted plastics education
- Hosted calls with SPE Section and Division Leaders, more than 150 people in all, to connect and share around the impact of the virus on our lives and businesses — and to discuss ways that SPE can support stakeholders
- Began development of 20-minute PlastiVan® modules and interactive Kahoot! quizzes for at-home learning about plastics to serve our stakeholders and their children (coming soon)